A while ago, I’ve stumbled upon this questionnaire and thought it would be interesting to answer these these questions (well, at least some of them). So here we go.
1. What’s your background?
After specializing on applied arts in Highschool, I’ve went to a tiny art school and graduated in Illustration and Design
2. What art do you most identify with?
Expressionist arts even though my own cannot be defined as such
3. What work do you most enjoying doing?
Travelling, it is my biggest luxury
4. What themes do you pursue?
When it comes to my own art, I tend to get inspired by words, books and other written texts so whatever interests me, will be illustrated. Other than that, I enjoy doing geeky fanart.
5. What’s your favourite art work?
I don’t have one favourite art work. There are many art styles and artists I love. I love Expressionism, Impressionism, Tattoo art, Woodcarvings etc. There are too many great artists and art works out there to pick one, but if I had to choose just one, I’d pick Edvard Munch ‘The Model by the wicker chair’.
6. Describe a real-life situation that inspired you?
Whenever I do a draw-session with my best friends.
7. Why art?
Why not?? It is just something I enjoy doing since my earliest childhood
8. What food, drink, song etc inspires you?
Coffee, Cafés, any song from Salmonella Dub
9. What do you dislike about the art world?
That too many people enjoy art, but don’t want to pay for it. Too many don’t realize that great art takes work. This leads to people with no talent or creativity whatsoever get hired for a project instead of an artist because artists are ‘too expensive’.
10. What do you dislike about your work?
That I’m still struggling with perspectives, especially when it comes to the human body.
11. What do you like about your work?
The contrasts between black & white, details & simplistic elements
12. Should art be funded?
13. What research to you do?
Depends on the content of the art. My places to do research are the univ. library and the internet.
14. What is your dream project?
My own (one-shot) Graphic Novel. Drawn and written entirely by myself.
15. Name three artists you’d like to be compared to.
Edvard Munch, Alan Lee, Leonardo da Vinci (dream big, right?)
16. Favourite or most inspirational place?
Cafés and parks
17. Professionally, what’s your goal?
I don’t plan on becoming a full-time free-lance artist. So my dream would be to have enough free-time to earn a coin or two with my art in addition to my actual job.
18. What wouldn’t you do without?
Without being able to draw ever again.