In a previous blogpost, I’ve tried to give a brief overview on how travelling can be different when you have a disability or chronic illness in the blogpost ‘Is Solo Travelling with a Disability Possible?’. The key emphasis here is on ‘brief overview’. The topic is too vast and diverse to sum it up into just one blog post. I try to include a disabled person’s perspective in my future travel posts whenever possible, but even then, these will just reflect the opinion of one one-handed traveller. Every disability and chronic illness creates vastly different challenges.
For this reason, I tried to compile this list of various resources and tips for the disabled traveller.
- 7 Extremely Useful Websites for Disabled Travellers on travel.allwomenstalk.com
- Accessible Travel Specialist Tarita Davenock on handicapthis.com
- Travelling with Disabilities on itsjustabadday.com
- 5 Travel Tips for Fibromyalgia Sufferers on chronicbodypain.net
- Viewpoints: Travelling with a Disability on adventurouskate.com
- Accessible Disability Travel Information on disabled-world.com
- Tips for Traveling with a Chronic Illness on butyoudontlooksick.com
- Traveling Abroad with a Chronic Illness? Consider This! on passporthealthusa.com
- 5 Truths Travelling with a Chronic Illness on matadornetwork.com
- Across China by Wheelchair on bbc.com
- Luggage Tips for Wheelchair Travel on wheelchairtraveling.com
- How Kirsten Travels to Almost 80 Countries in a Wheelchair on nomadwallet.com
- “Annoying Things I Do as a Deaf Traveller” on rexyedventures.com
- Sesame Street Autism Resources for Parents
- Reduce the Noise: Help Loved Ones with Sensory Overload Enjoy Shopping
- Sensory Processing Resources
- Estate Planning for Special Needs Kids
Do you know any websites, bloggers, or vloggers that are disabled or give great tips and resources for disabled travellers? Please let me know and I’ll add it to this list!